Monday, April 24, 2006

Author's Notes

English 354
4-20-2006
Author’s Notes Final Portfolio

Writing Assignment One:
This was a good start to the semester because it got me going, right off the bat, thinking about what it meant for me to be literate. Although at first I had trouble getting this assignment going, after deep consideration I expanded the piece to not be just about how I enjoy and understand being literate, but also how being literate figures into my identity as a person.

Writing Assignment Two:
This assignment came to me while I was delivering pizzas. I have been a key individual in Tag for a considerable amount of time now and helped develop Tag literacy. I thought it would be interesting to show this world to people outside the Tag community. It was a fun assignment. For revisions I decided to focus on not just the present state of Tag, but the history behind Tag literacy. Waiting until the second season began helped because it refreshed my memory about how tag worked.

Writing Assignment Three:
This assignment was my personal favorite. I have been a fan of the humor in the Weekly World News for sometime now. Explaining it to outsiders, again, was an enjoyable experience. I revised it mainly by throwing in more quotes and following advice given by my instructor during a conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home